Swirl Wine Bar & Market

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Savory Bites: Three Muses

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone..." 

Chef Dan & Antonio

Remember the days when Chef Dan Esses was filling time with us while he was working on opening his now very popular restaurant Three Muses?   Oh how I miss those Friday nights when that sometimes cranky but always creative Jewish guy would be cooking up his tasty tapas dishes armed with nothing more that a wracked out toaster oven and a skillet. 

But luckily he hasn't gone far, so Kerry and I took a trip to the Marigny last night to visit Dan and see what's new on his very eclectic, incredibly affordable, and deliciously creative menu.  We like to sit at the bar and sip on a cocktail as we peruse the menu.  I'm quite fond of their signature drink, the muse, which is a refreshing gin, St. Germaine, strawberry and cucumber concoction that is dangerously good, while Kerry sipped on a perfectly mixed mohito.

We ordered a few dishes and I have to say that each one was an absolutely delightful blend of flavors and textures and given the chance I would order them all again next time except that I always want to try something new.  Accompanied by the live jazz vocals of Lindsey Zaworski, we feasted on small plates of the Miticana Gratin, Garlic and Sesame Asian Greens, Housemade Bresaola with Arugula and Shaved Parmesan, Lobster Egg Rolls with a Sweet Chile Lime Sauce, Braised Pork Belly with Apple Chutney and Scallion Pancakes and finished with Local Butternut Squash Ravioli in Sage and Brown Butter.  So as you can imagine at this point we are feeling a little over served, but we couldn't pass up the complimentary "Chocolate Heaven"  that Dan sent out.  And I have to admit that it was one of the best chocolate desserts I've had; moist flourless cake with a rich chocolate ganache icing, a sauce of brandied cherries accompanied by a creamy delicious scoop of their housemade candy cane ice cream.  Unbelievably delicious!

I unfortunately didn't have my camera with me, but just trust me that all of the dishes looked as good as they tasted and I can't wait to go back again!!

536 French­men St.
New Orleans, La 70116

(504) 298-TRIO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails