Friday, December 30, 2011
Top Selling Bubblies of 2011
If you've ever perused the bubbly table in the shop you know that we offer a wide selection of price points from many different countries. I've compiled a list of this years top sellers to help you make selections for your upcoming celebrations.
Purchasing 3 bottles or more of any of our delicious sparkling wines will get you the discounted price and the deal is good for 12/30 and 12/31.
Friday, 12/30 hours: 11-9pm. Saturday 12/31 hours 11-7ish...
Here's a list of our best sellers, but we have many more delicious sparklers in stock...
1. Avissi Prosecco - This Extra Dry Prosecco is light straw colored wine with aromas of white flowers and apricots and an avalanche of exuberant bubbles tumbling in the glass. (The name “Avissi” comes from the fizzy sound the bubbles make as they rise in the flute.) $13.99 reg/ $10.99 super discount!!
2. Graham Beck Sparkling Rose (South Africa) - Watermelon pink color with a hint of silver. Nose offers aromas of yeast, and raspberries.Tiny dispersed bubbles, with a creamy mousse. Fruity, yet dry with crisp acidity. Flavors of raspberries, cherries, with a slight mineral notes. $19.99 reg/$17.99 discount
3. Segura Viudas Brut Reserve (Spain) The gentle sparkle of this wine carries scents of honeyed apple and red-apple skin. It’s fragrant and clean, and lasts on fruit, a rich style with balance. 90 Points Wine & Spirits $9.99 reg/$8.99 discount
4. Schrambserg Blanc de Blanc (California) - Made from 100% Chardonnay grown mostly in Napa and Sonoma counties, this charming bubbly is one of the best blanc de blancs on the market. It's rich and honeyed and feels so good in the mouth, carrying flavors of oranges, sweet limes, Meyer lemons, vanilla and toasty bread. 94 Points WE, 91 Points WS - $28.99 reg/ $25.99 discount
5. Gosset Brut Excellence (France) - Refined and creamy, with delicate acidity that finds fine balance with the layers of poached apple and pear, lemon cake, ground ginger, smoke and almond cream flavors. Very elegant. 92 Points Wine Spectator - $49.99 reg/ $44.99 discount
6. Laetitia Sparkling Brut (California) - Zesty citrus aromas with hints of lemon curd and minerals. Rich honeydew melon flavors with tart apple and apricot notes. Great acids with a nice minerality, a stunner from California! $20.99 reg/ $18.99 discount
7. Monmoussea Brut Etoile (France) - Light golden color. tiny long-lasting bubbles. A full and frothy up front, with almond, fig and pears flavors, and a soft elegant finish. $11.50 reg / $10.35 discount
8. Francois Montand Sparkling Brut Blanc de Blancs (France) - A fabulous deal from South West France, an affordable bubbly that tastes of freshly baked bread, Golden Delicious apples and Meyer lemons. $16.50 reg/ $14.85 discount
9. Ca de Medici Sparkling Lambrusco (Italy) - Deep raspberry aromatics dominate the nose and are backed by a sweet suggestion of candied plum and dusty stone. The palate is a velvety expression of raspberry and plum flavors with zesty, but not sharp, acidity. $12.99 reg/ $11.69 discount
10. Charles Heidseick Brut Reserve (France) - A great wine, much more than only a Champagne, this is impressively rich and ripe, with crisp yellow fruits, spices and layers of toast. It’s in an opulent style that is round but also very focused on tight layers of fruit, minerality and final vivid acidity. 93 Points Wine Spectator - $49.99 reg/ $44.99 discount