Swirl Wine Bar & Market

Monday, February 27, 2012

Simple Lemon and Garlic Pasta


 Often working until 8 or 9pm, dinner during the week is usually a late night affair.  Needless to say we keep our cooking simple on those nights, things we can quickly throw together for a healthy, balanced meal.  Standard fare is Kerry's simply fried, fresh Gulf fish, or my Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp with Garlic) with a big salad and pasta.  The other night I made one of my favorite, quick pasta dishes with lots of lemon and garlic.  It is so simple yet so good, I think I need to make it again this week!  I paired it with the 2010 Paco & Lola Albarino, wonderful!

Serves 2
Ingredients:
3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 T. Butter
2-3 Cloves of garlic
Big pinch of pepperincino
Zest of one lemon ( I used a small meyer lemon)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 - 1/3 cup of dry white wine (I used whatever remained in my glass...)
2-3 T. Fresh chopped parsley (we got beautiful parsley in our Hollygrove Box)
1/2 lb. angel hair pasta (I like angel hair best with this recipe, but was out so I used spaghetti)
1/2 Cup grated Piave Cheese (can sub parmigiano)

Salt and pepper to taste

-Put a large pot of water on to boil.  Just before it reaches it's boiling point, take a large skillet and put on medium high heat.  Once skillet is warm, and olive oil and butter and heat until they begin to bubble.  Throw in garlic, lower heat to medium.  When garlic begins to sizzle, add pepperincino; stir to keep garlic from burning.
-Put pasta in boiling water and start timer. Angel hair pasta cooks quickly, in 3-4 minutes
-As garlic softens and begins to turn golden, add lemon zest, lemon juice and wine.  Bring sauce to a fast simmer for a minute or two to cook off the alcohol.  Add chopped parsley and a few pinches of salt.
-Pasta should be ready to drain and then immediately add to skillet with sauce.  Mix to allow sauce to coat the pasta, add a little of the cheese and then salt and pepper to taste.
-Plate, top with a little more cheese and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails