Swirl Wine Bar & Market

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cycling Mount Etna

 

Mount Etna Pennsylvania that is....we've just returned from visiting my family for a few days, enjoying the beautiful weather, rolling hills and a pristine fresh water lake.   My sister brought over a few bikes for us so we were able to get in a little training while away.  Some challenging hills kept us huffing and puffing on Sunday, so we followed it up yesterday with an easy 35 miles on one of the Rails to Trails routes, the Lower Trail, reportedly one of the best kept secrets in Pennsylvania.  Riding along the peaceful Juniata River, through small rural towns and farm land, it's really nice to get away, if only for a few days.  We ate a lot of great food and I was able to snag one of my sister-in-laws recipes for her Very Blueberry Cake, made with fresh blueberries from my sister's garden.  Look for the recipe in tomorrow's email... 

The trip put me behind in my weekly email, so I will be sending it out tomorrow.  Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails